Saturday, December 24, 2011

Yesterday's altar, today's presentation table

Last night was our Captains Circle party for this cruise. Absolutely everything on a ship has to be multipurposed, and this table is no exception. Three days ago it served as the altar for our Catholic Mass. And the priest had noted them that it was only fitting that, just prior to Mass beginning, the table had held the bingo machine for that afternoon's bingo game (haha).
The second photo is of our Captains Circle host Crissy Reid (the best!) and Captain Niko Binetti with David Pitchfork and the Emerald Princess Orchestra in the background.
A bit of an embarrassment about David Pitchfork. I guess snow was on my mind when we first boarded the Emerald last month, and, in my mind, I was thinking of him as David Snowshovel. I did happen to mention this fact to G. BIG mistake. G mentioned it to Crissy who found it funny enough to pass it on to David. So I had to sheepishly apologize to David Snowshovel, er...Pitchfork. Fortunately for me, David is an Aussie with the requisite national trait (I think) of good humor, and he accepted it in that vein.