Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 42: At Sea

I have nothing much to report for today, because I did...nothing much. I think I am recovering from yesterday's long walk, dune climbing and cave exploring.
We ate breakfast in the dining room this morning and noticed new Christmas decorations at the base of each fresh flower vase that is on every table. Another nice touch! Have I mentioned the stollen I'm having each morning? It first appeared on December 1st, and I'm certain will disappear by January 1st, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Of course, this is in addition to the usual pastries, muffins and croissants, about 10 different kinds, that we can choose from every day.
G had his usual oatmeal with mixed berries, brown sugar and warm milk, in addition to four different juices and ham steak. The berries were so beautiful he took a photo.
Tonight is formal night, and we are dressing right now. Mass is being offered at 5pm, so I will skip pre-dinner drinks and attend in my formalwear. We should be a motley bunch, with people in swimsuit cover ups and people in tuxes.