Thursday, February 5, 2015

Here we go again

We are once again sitting at an airport gate awaiting a flight, this time to Fort Lauderdale en route to our cruises on the Caribbean Princess. There are some who might have wondered if, once we were home, I wouldn't have second thoughts about leaving again so soon. They would have been right...until the day it didn't get above freezing and it snowed and we didn't see the sun. And then, just in case I still wasn't convinced, a friend sent me these cartoons to remind me why we do this (I've cleaned them up for posting here)...




It's only February 6th; there's a lot of winter left.  

Still, understanding why we cruise all winter didn't make the last three days less crazy. It's been a blur of doctor appointments, prescription pick ups, mail processing, basketball spectatorship, math homework assistance and laundry. Lots and lots of laundry, followed by lots and lots of folding. It's nice to start fresh again, with clothes that smell like our favorite laundry detergent and fabric softener, and toiletries that I don't have to use sparingly to make last. But despite running flat out for the three full days we were home, there's a lot I'd hoped to get done but didn't. 

There is still a stack of mail- mostly statements and bills that we'd already paid online- on the dining room table (I hate leaving stuff there, but...) and we didn't do, or even start to do taxes after all. While I managed to take care of haircut and color, my pedicure is old and I broke every. single. fingernail during the process of packing and getting home then packing again.  But, fortunately, an hour spent with massage therapist Carolyn on Thursday has me not giving a damn. 

I got so involved with things yesterday that I forgot to do our check in for our Southwest flights today. When I finally remembered last night, we were assigned to Boarding Group C. Ugh. This is not going to be pleasant, but I will simply watch Direct TV on my iPad and use some of those free drink coupons that were buried in our mail to make the time pass as quickly as possible.  Good things await at the end of the journey.  I'm going on a cruise!