Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 47: Bonaire



We arrived in Bonaire today at noon, to the wildest weather changes imaginable. Hot and sunny one minute, torrential downpours the next. We had intended to take the water taxi over to Klein Bonaire, but, having been caught there in a rainstorm in November, we decided to take a 'wait and see' attitude. We did hurry off the ship as soon as it was docked and cleared, to the craft market across the street. Last visit I missed out on buying a present because it sold out in the size I needed. I wanted to be certain that I wouldn't have a repeat of that this visit. G and I ran off the ship in the rain and were able to get exactly what I wanted (and there was only one left after my purchase, so it was good we didn't wait). But, oh my, we were drenched! We ran back to the ship and dried off enough in a restroom to go to lunch, since it had been 3 whole hours since breakfast! ;-)

By the time lunch was done, the skies cleared and things looked more promising. Still, we didn't want to chance being stuck on Klein Bonaire in the rain, so we instead took a walk down the waterfront and fed the many fish along the way.