Thursday, December 1, 2011

Aruba- one happy island!!

One happy island- one happy me. What an incredible day we had on Eagle Beach on Aruba. Eagle Beach always places first or second on the Travel Channel's list of the top ten Caribbean beaches, and there is a reason for that. It is beautiful!

We went to breakfast in the dining room, and I took a tally. My breakfast alone used 18 dishes to serve, and 12 pieces of flatware (and I'm not counting what was used to prepare it). Quite a change from the one paper bowl I use at home to microwave oatmeal!

Now, today's count was a bit higher than usual. Gergely ;-), our wonderful waiter from Hungary noticed I had a raspy voice today, and insisted he serve me hot tea with honey and lemon to soothe it. So here's what my breakfast required:

Water glass
Coffee cup
Saucer for coffee cup
Creamer pitcher
Saucer for creamer pitcher
Saucer for lemon wedges
Tea cup
Saucer for tea cup
Honey pot
Saucer for honey pot
Juice glass
Saucer for juice glass
Bread plate for toast
Bowl for orange segments
Saucer for bowl for orange segments
Bowl for melon ménage
Saucer for bowl for melon ménage
Plate for scrambled egg beaters and spinach

Really.

We then gathered up our beach things (and forgot a few things- we're out of practice after four sea days), and headed to the bus station right across from the cruise pier. The #10 bus took us right to Eagle Beach for $1.30US per person. The bus system here is quite organized and runs on schedules, even better than Barbados and way better than Antigua.