Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sunrise, Day 23 (At Sea)

We continue to sail along to Aruba, which is well over 1000 miles from Fort Lauderdale. The weather has been sunny, hot, and as calm as it can be. It's hard to remember we're even on a ship (no fun at all for those of us who like a little adventure).
I was up early for my habitual sunrise walk. It was another beautiful one, and I really enjoy my time up on Deck 19. It's kind of funny- generally, the only person I encounter is a member of the crew who is up there early, every morning, scrubbing every inch of that deck in great detail. (It's amazing how clean this ship is, but if it wasn't cleaned like this, after only a few days there would be a salt crust on everything). At the beginning on the second cruise, he looked up to acknowledge me (we've never talked), and he seemed taken aback to see me still on the cruise. At the beginning of this third cruise, he looked up again and gave me a big smile. I wonder what he'll think after 7 more cruises, assuming he's still on board?
G joined me for a few laps, then went down to Deck 16 aft to claim two loungers. We were in a perfect position overlooking the ship's wake. We brought food from the buffet out for breakfast, but he finally decided he wanted to also go to breakfast in the dining room, and so he did, leaving me sitting out back. Friend Suzan from Arizona (she and what she did for me is a while other post, closely related to the contacts post) joined me and we chatted for a long time, before she went to lunch with her husband (also a G) and I decided I'd had enough sun. I never did catch up with my G (he ate lunch in the dining room) and so I showered and grabbed salad and gazpacho in the buffet. I met up with him at 2pm for a rum tasting presentation (yum!) and then I went to another line dancing class. I hadn't been going to any classes on these cruises, not wanting to get bored with them, but have been enjoying them this cruise. We're currently resting in our cabin, with me getting caught up on my blog, before Skywalkers and dinner. My favorite entree ciappino (seafood stew) is offered tonight- can't wait!