Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 15- St. Kitts



For the first time, I have no sunrise photos to post. I slept in today, and no amount of encouragement from G could convince me to get up. I don't know why I was so sleepy- I'm fine now- but I seemed to need the extra hour this morning.

We were out on the Promenade Deck to watch the arrival of Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas, a ship that we were on in April 2005 in the Caribbean, a cruise that will always stand out as a favorite one for us.

After breakfast in the dining room (frittata for me), we walked off the ship in search of free WiFi, which we found, and I was able to get a Skype call out to Mom. We soon returned to the ship to gather supplies for another beach day. Today it was Timothy Beach, a black sand beach. G had emailed a resort on the beach and received permission to use their pool facilities with a day pass. The beach was not the nicest one on St Kitts (we've been to the other beaches), but it was a new one for us and close to the ship.

St. Kitts is possibly the most beautiful island in the Caribbean. The green slopes of the dormant volcano remind us so much of Maui. We were astonished at the development taking place on the south end of the island. While so much of the Caribbean is depressed mirroring the US economy, what used to be sleepy, poor St. Kitts has been discovered. Well, it is a gorgeous island with friendly people.

The Emerald Princess is the ship on the right.