Sunday, November 27, 2011

Broncos on MUTS

It was a thrill to watch the Broncos beat the Chargers in OT tonight on MUTS. The game was shown live, and started at 5:15pm on the ship. I didn't want to go to dinner in the dining room at 6pm, so G went for a quick dinner and I grabbed dinner in the Cafe Caribe (buffet) at halftime. We have a great table for 2 by a window in the dining room, and we've only missed one night, on Thanksgiving, when we had dinner with John and Tess S. We know it's prime real estate and so we don't like to miss it, but, hey, it was the Broncos on MUTS. G joined me right after halftime and we watched as the game went into OT. We could tell by the cheers that those around us strongly favored Denver, so we were in good company.
While I was lying there, in a semi-reclined position on a deck lounger, a waiter brought around bags of freshly popped popcorn and a salt shaker. I never even had to lift my head to take a bag and salt it. Another waiter brought me a fuzzy water. All this, and a Bronco win on the big screen. It was pretty darn perfect. At one point G looked at me and asked, "Can you take 80 more days of this?". Well, I don't know for certain, but I'm hopeful.
;-)