Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A day at sea



Tuesday, we attended an 11am get together of over 100 people we had 'met' over the Internet who were going to bs on the cruise. It's always good to see old friends and meet new ones. Mona and Adelle, who I met on last year's cruise, and I went to line dancing in the afternoon, and learned some party dances too that we'll be doing at our island night party later in the cruise. We were all sweaty after 45 minutes of dancing- it was a workout!

Formal night was once again upon us, which meant 1.) tux and patent leather shoes for G; 2.) something fancy for me (I chose the always comfortable gold and black net two piece dress and my beautiful new dress sandals (one of the new pairs of shoes I bought over the summer and the most expensive shoes I've ever purchased but they are comfortable and G said that he wasn't spending this much on a trip and having me complain about my bad foot and i HAD to keep them and so I did and they are gorgeous); and 3.) chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the room about 4pm.

We both chose filet mignon for dinner, the only time I eat beef during the entire cruise. There was a beautiful sunset from our window (see picture).

We then joined Mona and Adelle and their husbands and Nancy and Roger and sat in Crooners for the captain's welcome aboard champagne toast in the Piazza and another champagne waterfall. Luckily our seas have been bathtub flat this cruise (no wind either- isn't it funny how that can change from one cruise to the next?), so there was no collapsed waterfall. We sat for quite a while (and must have taken 10 photos of our dressed-up selves with various cameras) before they all went to dinner (late seating) and we went back to our cabin to change.

We then went to the Cafe Caribe, because we had seen people in the elevator with plates of monster (and I mean huge- about 4" long) shrimp that they were serving up there last dinner. I then had dinner #2: four huge shrimp, and, as always, popcorn from MUTS. Several from our group were getting together at 11pm for dancing, but there was no way we could make it. My contacts had been giving me fits the entire day (honestly, I will someday write an entire post about THAT issue), and I wanted them out, and to be in bed.