Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 13: At Sea

After a relatively early evening last night and a good, restful sleep, I was up at 6am with the alarm and out on Deck 19 for a walk with the sunrise. The air felt very different than it did last cruise- much less muggy, and the gentle breeze was actually a bit drying. The sunrise was perfect and beautiful and I was glad I had made the effort. After three miles, I returned to the cabin to find G awake and dressed and, still wearing my workout clothes, I joined him for breakfast in the dining room. It wasn't a priority to be cleaned up...directly from breakfast I went to line dancing with Leesh (from Melbourne, Australia) and then a full hour of Zumba with Ryan (from Canada), followed by a quick trip to the gym to do some weights and then, finally, at 11:30am I got showered and dressed for lunch in the dining room.

My goal for the afternoon was to be a slug by the pool, resting guilt-free with the knowledge that I had earned my ease. First though, G and I strolled (not walked!) the sunny promenade deck before he headed off to a full afternoon of activities. Aside from our meals, it was our only time together until dinner, as he bounced from rum tasting to a scavenger hunt to the veterans get together.

Tonight is formal night, and I'm sitting in Skywalkers dressed to the nines waiting for him to join me (we do best by taking turns preparing for formal nights, giving full use of the cabin) in his tux. Interestingly, cruise director and Peter and deputy cruise director Frenchie are up here taping the Wake Show, which will be shown on our cabin TVs tomorrow morning (as it is every morning). They frequently film it around the ship, but this is the first time I've ever seen them up here. After pre-dinner drinks, we have dinner and an evening of fun planned.

Photos 1-3: sunrise at sea

Photo 4: guess who's making up for a nearly fruit-free September and October!

Photo 5: Peter and Frenchie taping the Wake Show in Skywalkers