Sunday, February 10, 2013

Evening- Barbados

It's just 10:00pm, and after a fun and filling evening, I'm already tucked into bed. Our arrival in St. Kitts isn't until 10:00am tomorrow morning. Yay! Time for a sleep in!

After bouncing around all day in the back of a taxi as we circled Barbados, and after publishing the first part of my posts for today, I had time for a quick snack in the Horizon Court buffet. I don't usually do that; if we miss lunch, I'll make myself wait until dinner, but we had the Captains Circle party for Gold and Elite members tonight. I didn't want to start drinking on a completely empty stomach. So I had my first tuna salad sandwich of the cruise, made to order. I wish Princess would offer made to order sandwiches during the lunch buffet, and not just during afternoon tea, because they really are quite nice.

I met up with Martha for line dancing in the Piazza at 4:15pm. I didn't know until then that I had just missed Leesh and Lexi leading Zumba...I'm not used to looking for it in the Patter on port days. I'm not used to looking for line dancing class on port days either, but eagle-eyed party animal Martha doesn't miss a thing, and so my attendance there today was attributable directly to her. Line dancing in the Piazza is a close fit, but I'm sure it was held there because Club Fusion was being set up for the Captains Circle party. Piazza line dancing is better than no line dancing at all!

Then I had time only for a quick shower before joining G in Club Fusion at the party. Two Breeza Marinas, but champagne-less after being passed over again in the raffle for the three bottles (you'd think that, just once, out of 11 Princess Captains Circle parties, we'd win one of the three bottles of champagne raffled off. So far, we're zero for 27 (9 cruises x 3 botles each) which is...totally as expected.

We met up with Martha in the dining room for dinner (Betsy had something else on her schedule), and when I couldn't decide between the seafood kebabs and the Pad Thai, Sutti brought me both. Oh yes, just what I needed after a tuna salad sandwich just three hours earlier. (They were both delish!). :-)

We then made our way to the Princess Theater for the 8:30pm performance of singer Mark Preston. We had missed his first show in the Princess Theater two cruises ago, but caught his show the next night in the Explorers Lounge. This show tonight was new to us, and we enjoyed it very much. Martha REALLY enjoyed it too, which pleased us very much. I was hoping that Mark would perform a second, different show tomorrow night in the Explorers Lounge, but he's not.

Well...shoot.

By then it was still early, just after 9:00pm, but we'd had a long and fun day, and sleep held more appeal than anything else. Martha made the evening rounds with us: popcorn and fuzzy water (she met bartenders Leon and Sidny), blog for me, then bed, with sweet dreams of a beautiful day on Barbados.

Photo 1: Rhonda and Nancy of Sol Provider playing at the Captains Circle party

Photo 2: See the champagne we still haven't won?

Photo 3: a Breeza Marina, straight up. My favorite!

Photo 4: so hard with the lighting, but Mark Preston performing in the Princess Theater