Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 104: St. Thomas

I don't have much to report for today, other than it was spent in a restful manner. Thank you for the Get Well Soon emails sent my way; I was very touched by your concern. 

We decided early on to curtail our daytime activities in St. Thomas. There was no way I could climb the hill and back down to either Honeymoon Beach on Water Island or Emerald Beach near the airport on St. Thomas. So we turned today into a ship day and took advantage of most of the other passengers being on excursions to enjoy a quiet ship.

We went through another batch of mail from home today. I've learned that the only things we can't plan for are medical bills that have worked their way our health insurance companies and still have a small remaining balance due; thankfully, physician services are more lenient when it comes to late payment than are credit card companies!

I was feeling better by late afternoon, enough to venture out a bit, first to Skywalkers for pre-dinner drinks and hors doerves (do Breeza Marinas mix with Robitussun?  I think it's a safe bet that the heaviest machinery I'll be operating tonight is my Sonicare toothbrush).  We followed up with dinner - so sweet to be welcomed back like the prodigal son by crew and fellow passengers alike- and then I made it to this cruise's Most Traveled Party (cutoff was 348 days, so we comfortably made it). We sat with Joan and Don from Florida; Don follows this blog and had wanted to meet us at last cruise's most traveled party, but we were at the Chef's Table that night. I'm glad that they had booked for 20 nights, and we did get a chance to connect. Once again, we were last two couples to leave, 1 hour 45 minutes after the party ended at nearly 10:00pm. How coincidental is it that we always sit with talkative people at these parties? 

;-) !!!!!

No entertainment tonight, although I did watch two more Downton Abbey Season 2 episodes while I was laying down today. All that's left is the Christmas episode...weep!  I see that Season 3 is available through iTunes for $19.99, but where would I ever get fast enough wifi to download it before I return home? I'll just have to start watching some of the Seinfeld re-runs that I have on my laptop to carry me through.

Entertainment options we didn't see included comedian Steve Morris in the Princess Theater, and pianoman Kory in Explorers Lounge.  For some reason, when there is a second show option in the Explorers Lounge, its been a been scheduled at 5:30pm, 8:00pm and 9:30pm. Don't k is what that's all about...the 5:30pm show was less than half full. Also new last cruise (but I forgot to post about it, I think)- the $3.99 drinks in Skywalkers for the Elite Lounge are now $5.00. They're a little less perk and a little more profit at that price. 

Tomorrow:  Dominica. If we're at the freight port, I swear I'll make it another R&R day!

Photo 1:  Charlotte Amalie harbor.  You can see Royal Caribbean's Something-of-the-Seas leaving from the pier at Havensight.  

Photo 2:  my first Breeza Marina of the evening (followed by two more at the most traveled party)

Photo 3:  Gerry's fruit and vegetable carvings tonight in Skywalkers were adorable!