Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 99: At Sea

Well, it's a sea day, and you know what that means...food photos!

I had a late sleep, until at least 7:30am, and even then lay in bed watching an episode of Downton Abbey before I got showered and went to breakfast in the dining room. I missed Zumba, I missed line dancing, but oh, it felt so good to be lazy. At almost 100 days at sea, I am just now feeling like I'm wearing down a bit. That's an improvement over last year, when I was feeling this way at about 80 days.  Have I raised my endurance or lowered my expectations?  ;-)

G was sitting in a lounge chair on the Terrace Deck, and so I grabbed some cereal from the buffet and joined him. It was soon so hot that I changed into a swimsuit. G came and went, but I popped in ear buds and listened to an audiobook, taking myself and my iPhone into the Terrace Pool to cool off every so often. Finally, by 11:45am, the heat and the sun forced me inside, where I met up with G. We went to lunch in the dining room, wine tasting at 3:00pm, G went to the Veterans get together at 4:30pm and we all met in the Michelangelo Dining Room, dressed formally, at 5:30pm. 

Clever G had invited a 3rd officer from the bridge, Aaron, to join us for dinner, and he showed up looking quite handsome in his dress white uniform.  G knew Aaron a bit from talking to him since he'd come on the ship about a month ago (G talks to everyone), but I just met him tonight, and he is a delightful guy.  We thoroughly enjoyed his company at dinner, and peppered him with questions about his background and the day to day life of a bridge officer. 

Afterwards, Martha and I went to the production show Disco: Blame it on the Boogie, and G and Betsy went to listen to band Sol Provider performing in Club Fusion. After the show, Martha and I caught part of a balance act in the Piazza and impressionist Michael Wilson's show in the Explorers Lounge, and finally G went up to the Adagio Lounge to listen to the Emerald Princess orchestra doing a jazz set.   Me...I'm tucked in bed, blogging and watching a 35 year old Love Boat episode. 

Life is good. :-)

Photo 1:  Greek salad at lunch

Photo 2:  Baba au Rhum- yum!

Photo 3:  as close to a photo of the Disco production show as I'll ever get, as no photography of any kind is allowed

Photo 4:  balancing a chandelier in the Piazza