Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 103: At Sea

Well, you can probably tell by looking at my only photo where I spent part of my morning. G forced the issue by walking me down to the Medical Center himself, just to be sure I made it there. He can be tough like that sometimes. ;-)

The vertigo that I've had for a week or so (that I attributed to the taxi ride to the volcano on St. Lucia) was a harbinger of what's developed into bronchitis, never a good thing when you have asthma. I know my energy level has been plummeting for a few days and on turnaround day my lungs started to burn. But I am now fully medicated and stayed down for most of the day, willing the drugs to take effect, and am hopeful to be up and about tomorrow on St. Thomas. Or at least by tomorrow night.

So, Dr. Lynn Smith from South Africa (Lynn...we're on a first name basis. I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that!) has come through for me again, and although my ailments this year have been minor, they have also been many, and she, along her medical staff, has handled every one of them in a professional, but caring manner. Along with Sutti, I want to take her home with us too.

So this is another insurance issue I'll have to deal when we return home. It's going to take me until we leave again next winter to get through all the paperwork!

G was in and out of the cabin throughout the day. I know he went to the Cruise Critic meet and greet in Skywalkers at 11:00am (and I'm sorry I didn't make it), then took our two free bingo cards to the morning bingo session, hoping to win big (he's so cute when he's optimistic like that), then lunch in the dining room and then a rum tasting. I was sorry to miss the movie Lincoln in the Princess Theater at 1:00pm, but I really don't want to be around other people with this cough, and I'm certain that they don't want to be around me. Maybe I'll get to see it next cruise....

As for the rest of the day, here are the things that G is planning to attend solo, stopping in the cabin periodically just often enough to dress formally and bring me sustenance:

The Captains Circle party for Gold members at 4:45pm in the Princess Theater; dinner alone in the Michelangelo Dining Room (not even a sick wife stands between him and beef tenderloins!); the production show I Got the Music; the Welcome Aboard champagne party, then mentalist's Jon Stetson's second show in the Explorers Lounge.

My plans for the rest of the evening: dozing and Downton Abbey, not necessarily in that order.

It's likely to be a rough night...it's nice to know that the International Cafe is open 24/7. One of us may be camping out there in the wee hours of the morning.