Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 108: Aruba

Maybe I should rename this blog: Yellow Fish Goes to the Medical Center on the Emerald Princess. Because, honestly, I feel like that's all I have to talk about this cruise. I've regressed a bit, and am now on penicillin. Lynn (Dr. Smith) promises me I'll be much better by Antigua, but that's five days away. I'm hoping to be an overachiever and be much better by Fort Lauderdale.

I can tell you that we've never appreciated a medical team the way we do Dr. Lynn Smith and her group.

I stayed in the cabin for most of today, keeping my coughs to myself as much as possible. I felt so guilty by sailaway that I joined G for a few minutes in Skywalkers to watch Aruba fade into the distance for the last time this year. By the time I got to the dining room, I was already starting to fade, and Sutti and Somphong were so concerned that they didn't even laugh when I requested alphabet soup from the kids' menu. They not only brought me a pot of peppermint tea, they also brought me a bunch of mint leaves too.

It's like being tended to by Mom!

G is out and about, enjoying some entertainment. Jugglers Team Rootberry boarded today in Aruba, and are performing in the Piazza tonight. They are the duo that got G so interested in juggling last winter when they held a juggling class on a sea day. I bought G juggling scarves for his birthday and he brought them with him on the cruise just hoping to run into Team Rootberry again for another lesson. I so glad they're here. That will keep G busy until I'm feeling better!

Photo: peppermint tea and mint leaves...TLC by Sutti and Somphong