Sunday, December 2, 2012

Evening- Grenada

For the first time, I truly have nothing to say about today. But I'll try to make something from nothing...

When the ship was cleared by the local authorities in Grenada, we went ashore to use the (historically) free, fairly fast wifi in the terminal. Much to our chagrin, it did not exist. Whether this was simply because it was a Sunday, or this represents a change from past years, I'm not certain. I sincerely hope it's the former; on our upcoming Noordam cruise, where we'll have no free Internet on the ship, I was counting on wifi in Grenada to catch up. We'll see...our Noordam stop in Grenada will not be on a Sunday, so perhaps we'll have better luck.

We were in no mood today to do our usual Grenada walk around the Carenage and up to Fort George. (I'm fighting to keep this cold out of my lungs. Interesting that it was exactly this cruise last winter when I also got sick, but then stayed well the rest of the winter). Nor did we particularly want to take the water taxi ($4 or $5pp each way) to Grand Anse Beach, another go to activity for us on Grenada. There was another ship, the Aida Luna, already in port when we arrived. We suspected that those passengers, coupled with the locals out on the weekend, would make the beach a very busy place (and this was later confirmed by several people we spoke with who HAD gone there). So, in the end,we returned to the ship. We skipped lunch,but did later have tea in the buffet, and I spent the afternoon watching FOUR episodes of Downton Abbey on my laptop. Once I got started, I couldn't stop. Oh my, that show IS addictive!!

So, in the end, it was a very unexciting, but very fun day.

We skipped Skywalkers tonight, but did make it to dinner in the dining room, and then skipped any entertainment in favor of sitting on the Terrace Deck and watching our sailaway after dark.

I'm hoping I feel a bit better tomorrow, when we're in Dominica, but, like Grenada, that is another port where we typically do some walking and hill climbing. If I'm not up to that, it may be another Downton Abbey island for us.

And that holds some major appeal also.

Photo 1: a musical greeting

Photo 3: sunset from our dining room table

Photo 4: sailaway from Grenada after dark...beautiful!