Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 38: Aruba

This will be very quick, as we're walking through Orangestaad on the island of Aruba and came across some high speed wifi. All is well; we've opted to skip the beach today as the Grandeur is again in port with us, and are doing some walking instead. This is our last day on land until Monday...it's hard to believe this cruise is nearly over. In fact, the almost-40 days we've been gone are already a blur. Thankfully, I'll have my blog to help me remember once I'm home again (and the way that time is flying by, that will seem like next week, won't it?). :-(

Photo 1: the view of Orangestaad, Aruba from our breakfast table in the buffet on the Noordam.

Photo 2: somehow, my Google is now appearing in Dutch. This makes editing and posting quite interesting, and doing it from an iPhone even trickier. One of these buttons means DELETE, and I don't know which one it is!

I just hope it will once again be in English when I'm no longer on a Dutch island using wifi :-o

Photo 3: another reality of living on a cruise ship: sitting on dirty concrete steps on a busy corner in a smidge of shade using free wifi. Something is dripping on me from above. What is it? Leaky gutter? Bar balcony above me and someone spilling a beer? Seagull???

OK- THIS I can believe is MY life!

Life may not always be good, but it's ALWAYS an adventure!