Monday, December 3, 2012

Evening- Dominica

I guess I'm feeling better, and you'll think so too, once you read about our evening schedule.

With all on board scheduled for 3:30pm, at 3:45pm, cruise staff member Leesh conducted the second of this cruise's Party Line Dance class, where she runs through the 11 minute, 7 song routine of the flash mob of party dances at tonight's tropical deck party. I haven't yet once stayed up for this deck party this winter. I will eventually...I just haven't yet. Since G is not a dancer, line or otherwise, I usually wait until some cruise friends come on board to attend with them. But each cruise I've gone to at least one of Leesh's Party Line Dance classes (not to be confused with her country line dance classes that I also attend). I know I'm a remedial student, but, by Jove, I think I'm getting it. Seven dances in 11 minutes means they come fast and furiously, but when you know what to expect, that just adds to the fun.

I attended her class again today with no intention, once again, of making it to the party tonight. But as I had done nothing exerting since Bonaire two days ago, it was time to get lively.

That required a third shower of the day, and then we dressed for dinner. Tonight was the Chef's Dinner menu, not a favorite but we always find something we like. I've eaten lightly for a couple of days, and so splurged with the twice baked goat cheese soufflé as an appetizer. It's "lick the plate" good, but anything that good just can't be healthy.

Tonight was the most traveled passenger party for this cruise, and we're batting 1000 now, three for three on being invited as one of the top 40 most traveled passengers on this cruise. It was this cruise last year when we received our first invitation ever and were so thrilled. I guess now, with 392 days on Princess, we'll be invited more often than we aren't. My chosen drink tonight: a Breeza Marina (of course). They serve such wonderful appetizers and tiny desserts at this party. Unfortunately, coming right from dinner, the appetizers, no matter how tasty, hold little appeal. But the desserts...what is it they used to say- "You're never too full for Jello"? Well, when the tiny desserts are as beautiful and tasty as these are, you're never too full for them. I had the most incredible pyramid shaped dark chocolate truffle that I could have imagined. Pure decadence. It's the kind of thing where I'd love to ask for a doggy bag, because I know they throw out what's left over. But don't worry...I may have my crazy antics, but I'd never do that. I just dream about it, that's all. Captain Pomata said, "Now, you're back for Christmas, right?" Oh, yes we are. Vacation will be over and it will be time to come "home" again.

;-)

After the party, we attended the production show Boogie Shoes. Yes, we've seen it before, at last 20 times, but that makes no difference. That's what we love about the production shows and the musical performances: unlike comedians, we can see them over and over again and enjoy them every time.

We went back to the cabin where I changed into shorts and t-shirt and went to watch part of Monday Night Football on MUTS. I could hear the Tropical Deck Party gearing up at the Neptunes Reef pool next door, but had finally run out of steam and just returned to our cabin at the end of the game's first quarter.

After the show tonight, Cruise Director Peter confirmed what I had already suspected: we'll be docked at Havensight tomorrow in St. Thomas. Will I feel well enough to climb to the top of the Paradise Point gondola again? We'll see, but I'm hoping so. I'm still waiting to see those bare cheated male pole dancers I'm certain are awaiting me at the top!

Photo 1: the clouds started to roll in over Roseau just as we sailed this afternoon

Photo 2: the Noordam sailed first today, which might mean it will get the first (best) berth at Havensight in St. Thomas tomorrow. We'll see if that's true...

Photos 3 to 5: production show Boogie Shoes (I try to take different photos of it each cruise. I'll soon run out of options!)