Thursday, November 22, 2012

Evening- Thanksgiving

We've just finished dinner and are too wiped out for entertainment tonight. All day on a beach, plus walking to and fro will do that do you, I guess. I thought that we might possibly watch the football game on MUTS, but, again, the teams aren't ones we particularly follow, and watching in our cabin seems seems a more desirable option.

So, for the second night in a row we're missing Beatle Maniacs (unheard of, although last night was for the most traveled party, a legitimate reason if ever there was one). I can't understand it either (I'd shake my head at this, but I'm so sleepy I might fall over).

The dinner menu tonight was, frankly, a bit of a disappointment. I remember Thanksgiving 2004 on the Sapphire Princess when the dinner menu was incredible: pumpkin, cinnamon and turkey everything. Or even last year when prime rib was an option. No, we didn't suffer tonight, but there certainly wasn't a heavy Thanksgiving influence, and the dessert menu offered just one Thanksgiving dessert (pumpkin pie). No pumpkin soufflé, no apple or pecan pie...not even carrot cake. Last Christmas we had five different Christmas-influenced desserts (I remember because we ordered all five just to try them). We'll see what Christmas brings this year...

Tomorrow: a later (10am) arrival in St. Kitts. Over dinner we discussed plans. We know St. Thomas and Grand Turk will both be beach days, and aren't certain we need another one tomorrow. We need to find more options for non-beach things to do on St. Kitts. Maybe a visit to a botanical gardens...I have the Frommers St. Kitts book on my iPhone, and need to do some research tonight in the five minutes before I fall asleep. G's already there.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Photos 1 and 2: sushi night in Skywalkers. Pictured is Gerry from the Philippines, sushi maker extraordinaire, as well as fruit and vegetable carver and preparer of all the good eats we get each night in Skywalkers

Photos 3 and 4: the Thanksgiving dinner menu