Friday, January 27, 2012

Two views of Port Everglades

With the ship turned in its berth, I'm sitting here on the aft Terrace Deck getting a much different view than the beautiful 17th Street drawbridge and all the megayachts. Instead, I'm looking at three other cruise ships in port (two Holland America ships and the Carnival Miracle) and the freighters docked here.
I much prefer the bridge view, but this is interesting for a change.
We never left the ship today, other than to go through immigration. I was fascinated by the emergency chute drill and wanted to watch it until the end (shades of my husband here?). Then I had to take care of some business while I had cell service and free Internet. That's okay...we really don't need much from Walgreens/Publix. We're getting close to the end of this dream.
:-(