Friday, January 27, 2012

It arrived!


The order that I placed on January 2 from Drugstore.com for Physicians Formula SPF50 tinted moisturizer finally made it to me today!! I'm not able to get this product at any of the stores within walking distance of Port Everglades, and will likely run out of what I have in the next day or two. I had purchased a different product with only SPF15 at Walgreens on our last turnaround day, having almost lost hope that I would ever see this package.

I had had the box sent to the same PO box in Fort Lauderdale at which the ship's crew receives its mail and at which we'd received our previous box of mail. The issue was immediately apparent. Although I had put complete address information on the order (name, ship name, passenger cabin #), most information had been truncated on the shipping label. It read "My Name, Emera", and that was it. The hotel clerk thought I was NOB (not on board). Luckily, when the Passenger Services supervisor, Nadine, started tracking it down, he recalled having seen the box, which, considering how much mail he handles, is pretty remarkable. Then it couldn't be located for a few days. Finally, today, it was found, and just in time. All this sun I'm getting...gotta save my skin!!

Now, if my 3 month supply of People magazines arrives on board today in the box of mail that Martha just sent, I'll be one happy cruiser!!

An amusing aside...a fellow passenger asked me yesterday if I had received this tan in the 10 days of the cruise. When I told her that we had been on the ship before this cruise, she asked if I got it all in just 20 days (keep in mind that, although I wear SPF50 all the time, the sun still gets through). Then I admitted that we had been on for awhile. She looked at me and asked, "Are you those people on for 100 days?". I said yes, we were, and her jaw dropped. She had thought that we'd be a really OLD couple. I should have said, "Well, I'm 75 but this cruising life does wonders for my appearance!".

;-)