Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 76: Grenada

We arrived in Grenada early, at 7am, which seemed even earlier because of our late night last night. I scampered off the ship right away to use the free and fast WiFi that's available right at the Esplanade Mall at the ship's terminal. It was quiet, cool, shaded, fast and free- the big five when it comes to WiFi in port. I was able to update my blog and even got a Skype call out to Mom that was clear as any phone conversation. I was able to do that early yesterday in Dominica too...Internet of that quality is almost non-existent in our next two ports, Bonaire and Aruba.

It was raining when I walked off the ship, but there were still a few hardy souls armed with beach towels headed to Grande Anse Beach. That was our original plan too, but we reconsidered based on the weather, our planned late night tonight and the fact that we're only here until 2pm this afternoon in order to reach our next port, Bonaire, by noon tomorrow.

I was surprised to see a British military ship docked next to us- I think that's a first for us in the Caribbean. I did a quick Google; here's some info: