Monday, January 13, 2020

Day 111: Akaroa

G was up and off the ship early today, taking the 20-25 minute tender ride to Akaroa. I was not similarly motivated, and slept another hour and then read. When I finally made it to the World Fresh Marketplace and turned on my phone, it was raining and I could see on my phone that G was on his way back to the ship. He joined me in the buffet and we decided to make it a sea day of sorts. Actually, we decided to make it a football day. ;-)


I thought you might enjoy this brochure G picked up on the Akaroa lighthouse. 
It is currently on the eastern edge of Akaroa where it was moved in 1980. Its original location was on the north head of Akaroa Harbour, where we had hiked with our Pohatu Penguins tours. 


Check out the construction cost. 5 pence. :-) 
I think that’s like saying 2 cents. 

We settled into our cabin and watched the Chiefs-Texans game from the second quarter (which, frankly, was one of the most exciting quarters of football I’ve ever seen played). Fungirl, Nancy and Yvonne, did you hear me screaming all the way from the South Island of New Zealand? Patrick Mahomes...mmmmmmm. At some point I went to the World Fresh Marketplace for game food (cookies and apple wedges) and we moved right in to the Green Bay-Seahawks game. 

It was a perfect way to spend the day. 

By the time the games were done and we watched the post-game shows, it was time for dinner and then the production show Sweet Soul Music in the Princess Theater. We love this show; we just wish it lasted longer than the amount of time we have to arrive early in the Princess Theater to get seats.

Day 6 dinner menu, page 1


Day 6 dinner menu, page 2


Day 6 dessert menu

We swung by the World Fresh Marketplace for watermelon (naturally), hoping to see the sunset, but it sets so late down here right now that we’d have had to eat for an hour to pass the time, and I was up for it but G wasn’t. ;-)

Thankfully, the conference championship games next week will take place on a sea day.  We won’t even have to play hooky to watch them. Go Chiefs!!!


Day 6 Princess Patter, page 1


Day 6 Princess Patter, page 2


Day 6 Princess Patter, page 3


Day 6 Princess Patter, page 4