Sunday, January 5, 2020

Day 103: At Sea

I woke up feeling even better today. That was one fast-moving cold. We were up early (I don’t think I mentioned that we had moved clocks back two hours in the two nights before Hobart) and in the Concerto Dining Room when it opened for breakfast at 7am. As much as I was resisting the schedule of breakfasts, lunches and dinners in the DaVinci Dining Room in the Ruby Princess, we are, to a large extent, falling into the same pattern on the Majestic. The difference is that we allow ourselves the flexibility of eating meals in another restaurant or skipping them altogether, so it doesn’t feel quite as restrictive. 

Between breakfast and lunch, I wandered down to the Symphony Dining Room for this cruise’s garage sale. I don’t know why I went...digging through big piles of clothing for something that might appeal and fit AND be value priced is the epitome of what I am not. My mother, on the other hand, would have come out of there with at least five finds; I left with nothing. 

I met G in the Concerto Dining Room for a quick lunch, and then, when he went to a military get together at 1pm, I went to the Princess Theater for an encore presentation of production show Fiera. I really like this show, especially the costumes and contemporary songs. It is on the far edge of G’s comfort zone as a little too “out there”, but that adds to its appeal for me. 


Day 10: lunch menu, page 1


Day 10 lunch menu, page 2

There was time for a quick (like 15 minute) rest before we needed to get cleaned up and dressed for formal night #914 of the season. We needed to go to the Grapevine Wine Tasting at 3pm dressed for the evening, and then directly from there to the Elite Lounge in the Vista-less Lounge. A surprise on the wine tasting menu was the late harvest Erruc Eruzer dessert wine which I hadn’t seen a few years.


Majestic Princess Crown Grill Selects menu


Day 10 dinner menu, page 1


Day 10 dinner menu, page 3


Day 10 dessert menu

We hadn’t been in the dining room for dinner for two nights, and I hadn’t pre-ordered anything, so I ordered my fall-back, salmon and broccoli. And one of the best sorbets ever, the strawberry champagne sorbet. Yums!!

We had a plethora of entertainment options tonight, and, when you add to them the matinee performance of Fiera this afternoon, this really was an incredible entertainment day. We first went to the Princess Theater to see violinist Chris Watkins. We had seen him at least once previously this season, but with entertainment this good, that really doesn’t matter. And then we headed back to the Vista-less Lounge for impressionist Keith Scott, who we remember from two years ago on the Golden Princess. He is kind of old school but is so incredibly talented that everyone seems to love his show. Who wouldn’t love hearing the voices of all of our favorite cartoon characters from our childhood?


Chris was a finalist for Princess Entertainer of the Year a few years ago, rightfully so

We took the midship elevators up to Deck 16 and were treated to a beautiful apres-sunset view at 9pm. It’s a good thing G needed to swing by Swirls ice cream counter on the way back to our cabin, or we might have missed it! ;-)




Day 10: Princess Patter, page 1


Day 10: Princess Patter, page 2


Day 10: Princess Patter, page 3


Day 10: Princess Patter, page 4