Saturday, February 11, 2012

More of our day on Carlisle Bay

I also flew my kite for the first time this cruise today. This kite has been all over the world with me, and has been flown in Tiananmen Square, in Australia and the South Pacific and all over the Caribbean. It was a perfect day for it.

G spent part of the afternoon on the boat with the three guys we had met last time we were here. They're so sweet...they came off the boat over to me on the beach just to say hi. That's Barbados for you, and that's why we love it here.

After renting two loungers and an umbrella for $15, we received three coupons, each good for one rum punch. Lobsters Alive has the BEST rum punches in the Caribbean. I knew from our last visit that after two of them I can't feel my lips. Well, today I learned that, after three of them (G drank beer), my whole face is numb. Before I drank the last one, I asked G if we were walking back or taking a taxi...'cause the former would not have been possible. Luckily, we ran into three of the Beatle Maniacs on the beach, and shared a taxi back to the ship with them. We arrived with 15 or 20 minutes to spare before our all on board time of 3:30pm, and headed right to a hot tub for sailaway.

After some soaking and conversation (we met a young Air Force couple who had just gotten home from Iraq and Afghanistan), we went to Skywalkers for my favorite drink of the cruise, a Brezza Marina, and hors doerves. We were starving (no lunch) and really enjoyed it tonight. Dinner was a wonderful spinach salad, and a special turbot prepared by our headwaiter Antonio, simply, with garlic, olive oil and sea salt, and my usual steamed spinach and broccoli. Entertainment consisted of listening to live music from a band that just came on board this cruise. Tonight is the island night deck party at 10:30, but it's before 10pm and one of us is asleep and I'm close. We'll have to skip it this cruise. Luckily, our arrival into St. Kitts isn't until 10am tomorrow- a chance to sleep in!