Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 100: Princess Cays

After a not-particularly-beautiful day yesterday, today dawned sunny and calm. We had breakfast in the dining room, and waiter Dean insisted I have blueberries in my pancakes despite the fact that today was not blueberry pancake day. He just remembered that I liked them.

We are going to miss these people.

We returned to our cabin and gathered up our beach things, which, on Princess Cays is not a difficult thing to do, as so much is provided for us.


We were on the fifth tender over to the island, and headed to our same spot on the left side near the pavilion where the fish are fed. This allows G to be in shade and me in the sun, and we're both happy.


We did the typical beach stuff, although I don't believe that G walked at all, which was unusual. I think we both knew that this was our last chance to enjoy a beach for a very long time, and we wanted to make the most of it.

:-(

There was just enough wind to fly a kite, and G did, which makes twice that we flew the kite. Note to self: definitely bring it again next year. I snorkeled for one final time. The fish are plentiful in the bread-fed area near the pavilion, but I found pockets of fish as I snorkeled to the north too. The live coral is almost non-existent, but there was some brain coral trying to get started and lots of colorful fans.

I am happiest when my head (and my hips) are underwater.