Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 3 of Shoewatch...

...and I've got new sandals!

I knew that the new sandals that I'd ordered from Zappos while in St. Thomas should have arrived on board on turnaround day. I wasn't really looking for them on that day, but when they hadn't been delivered to our cabin by last night, I thought it was worth asking at the Passenger Services Desk (PSD). First thing this morning on our way to breakfast, I did, and- YAY- they were just waiting until later in the morning to call me about this box at the front desk.

You should have seen the wondering looks I got carrying a Zappos box into the DaVinci Dining Room for breakfast. ;-) 

And don't they look so much nicer than the old ones?
This entire exercise once again illustrates that I am NOT a shopper:

1.) Take 2-year old sandals on cruise
2.)  Experience unsurprising sandal failure
3.)  Order exact same sandals from online shoe store

Interest in finding a different style of shoes as replacements: none
Time spent "shopping" for new shoes:  0 hours 0 minutes 
Contentment with same shoes, only newer:  absolutely complete

I am good to go!