Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What's up with the photos?

Last year I got a great idea from fellow cruiser Linda who was inspired by my blog to blog about her own family's 20 nights on the Emerald Princess, also using just her iPhone. She showed me how she was using the Blogger app to do it.  I'd been posting my sending emails to a blog address which then appear as blog posts; she was successfully using the app.

When I returned home to the land of fast, unlimited Internet, I tried using the app. I was thrilled to see that it would allow photos to be embedded throughout a blog post. You might have noticed that, using email to post, all the photos, regardless of where I had them in my email, appear either at the beginning or end of my post. Embedded photos are a huge plus!

I also noticed that the app made editing a blog post much, much easier. Honestly, if you knew what it took for me to correct a simple spelling error...it would go a long way in explaining why I just left so many of them in (well, that and Autocorrect!). 

And, finally, I could add labels. What a coup...I wouldn't have to go back later, after we returned home and re-read each post to assign a label. Wow. 

However, using the Blogger app with slow Internet has proved to be nearly impossible. Almost immediately, I resorted to once again sending emails to publish blog posts. I'll try again on the Emerald Princess to use the app (it's so much nicer to use, and to read the posts when the photos don't appear all together), but, for now, at least you know why sometimes they are embedded (such as the posts I made while at home or the Embassy Suites) and most times they aren't (the posts from ships).