Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 69: At Sea

We were both slow, slow, slow today. First, since it was a day at sea, we could be slow. But it's obvious to us that we're not kids anymore, and if we start drinking gin by noon one day, we're going to feel it the next. And we did.

So there is not much to report for today. We had breakfast and lunch in the dining room, and in between did some housekeeping and admin work (honestly, I think I could walk to the Medical Center with my eyes closed by this point, between paperwork and follow ups, and prescriptions and payment).

We have a lot of minutes remaining from our free Internet packages that will expire at the end of this cruise, and so I did some interneting from my laptop, including changing our return flights on Southwest in March from one-stop to non-stop flights that just became available. And I did some research on how to set up contacts on my new iPhone using my iCloud account.

So, lots of busy work, and some sun by the pool and wine tasting at 3pm and returning the library book I finished reading and checking out a new one. By early afternoon, we had already decided to skip formal night tonight. It's the first time this winter that we've missed it on the Emerald, but not even the lure of lobster was enough to sway me. G was able to get the same Beef Wellington he'd have had in the dining room at dinner in the Cafe Caribe. We took our food out to the Terrace Deck on the back of the ship and watched the eastern sky glow from the sunset we knew was taking place off the front of the ship.

We've skipped all entertainment tonight in favor of watching a few TV shows on the laptop. It's kind of like a night at home, and after 69 days at sea, it feels pretty nice.

Tomorrow: Princess Cays. We've already decided to stay on the beach and not to walk to the end of the island. We have a busy turnaround day play, with potentially a lot of walking in Fort Lauderdale, and don't want to wear ourselves out tomorrow.