Saturday, October 10, 2026

Day 15: At Sea

Today was a very good sea day. Though Captain Ravera told us it had been rather windy and rough until about 3am, we had slept through it all and didn’t even know. From the time we woke up, the day was a bit warmer, sunny and less windy. 

As it should be. After all, it’s Day 4 of 5 sea days going to Hawaii. 😉

Last night’s early bedtime and extra hour of sleep clearly served me well.  I awoke bright eyed and bushy tailed and, based on the fact that we weren’t hearing any sloshing from the Terrace Pool in our cabin, headed out that aft door to do my water workout. 

Sunrise off the Terrace Deck

I hadn’t yet mentioned that Terrace Pool sloshing, so that might be a surprise. It kind of was to us. I don’t know why we hear that pool when it gets rough. We’re not next to it, or under it, or anything. All we can figure is that the sound of the water is echoing in the ship’s metal frame. It hasn’t been bad, it’s never bothered us (unlike in our sideways cabin along side the Calypso Pool on that rough Hawaii cruise last February). But if we’re awake, we have heard it.  So, this morning, when I heard nothing, I knew it would be a good morning in the Terrace Pool. 

That was followed by breakfast in Sabatini’s (I heard another pronunciation for that restaurant today…saBOTanies 😉) where I ate very lightly. It was MTG luncheon day and, were it not for our Sabatini’s privilege, I would have skipped breakfast altogether.  

The top three most travelled guests this cruise are the same as last cruise, so it was like seeing old friends again at our table. Being from Australia, they were well familiar with some of my favorite ports in what they call “the islands”.  On this itinerary, Dravuni Island, Fiji and Mystery Island, Vanuatu top the list, but places like Champagne Bay, Vanuatu and Isle of Pines, New Caledonia are on everyone’s favorites list (including Captain Ravera’s).  I love the South Pacific!  It was another hugely enjoyable lunch. Captain Ravera is such a class act. 



Ahi tuna starter

Steak tartar starter
Filet mignon. No halibut pic, because everyone at our table got this

Chocolate mousse dessert

Chocolates as a second dessert!


I took the time to put together thank you notes and tip envelopes for this cruise, not as a bribe (seriously!) but because I know the crew does a lot of shopping in the Hawaii ports as time permits. As I will be doing too!

We weren’t hungry at dinner but I still had a salmon cake and kale salad. And I had a Hawaiian pudding from the dessert menu, because I had no idea what it was. It turned out to be a coconut milk pudding and I could have consumed a mixing bowl of that. Soooo yummy!




Hawaiian hauipia pudding

As I had hoped, vocalist Mark Kopitzke returned tonight with a different show.  He has a wonderful voice and is a polished performer, but when he came out wearing a white dinner jacket, I was on high alert for FS songs, so I wasn’t surprised by Fly Me to the Moon, but My Way toward the end sent me up to the Lido Deck to get two chairs for tonight’s Dancing Though the Decades deck party. With party band Southwave’s great music, we had a fun time and even danced a bit. I protected my knees but it was still a two extra strength Tylenol night. 

And finally, a sea day sidebar…I was reminded of something tonight during Mark Kopitzke’s show when he sang Secret Agent Man.  I was a young kid when that song came out, in 1966, and truly believed the name of the song was Secret Asian Man and couldn’t figure out why this Asian man had to be kept secret. Hey, that was long before the internet, and Googling lyrics wasn’t a thing. And I couldn’t have read them if it was. 

I won’t even get into the Our Father prayer and how I thought the line was “Harold be thy name”.

Strange the things we remember 60 years later. 😉