Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Day 8: At Sea

Today was a perfect sea day.  I slept late, worked out a little, used a hot tub, ate sensibly, saw a show and am tucked into bed at 9:30pm. It’s just what I needed after two full days in Hawaii. It’s also not very blog-worthy, and, as a result, this will be brief tonight. 

I had fallen asleep in the middle of writing last night’s post.  Luckily, my iPad didn’t break when it fell off of me onto the floor sometime during the night, but I still needed to finish that post. I skipped breakfast this morning to take care of that, then enjoyed some time in the Terrace Pool (we are so happy we chose this cabin location), and then used the Deck 17 hot tub. After I showered and dressed, I realized I was pretty hungry. It was already 11am, but I didn’t think I could wait until lunch at noon, and raided the Horizon Court Buffet for some of that delicious watermelon we’ve been enjoying so far this cruise. 

At noon I met up with G outside the DaVinci Dining Room, and, by chance, Paul and Marlene were going to lunch then, too, so we dined together. Waiter Nelvin’s assistant had to return home to India, and his new assistant is Darko (no, not that one) from Macedonia who, unbelievably, knows Darko (yes, that one) and lives across the street from him in Macedonia. I must email Darko and let him know we’ve met Darko. 

Day 8 lunch menu, page 1

Day 8 lunch menu, page 2

After lunch, I retrieved my lightning- micro SD card adapter which allowed Paul to download pics from his expensive SLR camera to his iPad. It all started when I asked him how his photos of Waimea Canyon turned out yesterday. Well, after they were downloaded, I could see for myself that they were incredible, with a depth my photos lacked. So don’t try to capture Waimea Canyon with an iPhone, or even a Nikon point and shoot like I used. The scenery is worth much better equipment. 


WiFi speed has improved slightly

We stayed in the cabin this afternoon watching Blue Hawaii with Elvis Presley, not that I’m a big fan but I loved seeing the scenes of Waikiki Beach from 60 years ago. So much nicer than today!  We both napped a bit, too, which tells you how tired I was. Still, we were cleaned up and at the Elite Lounge in Club Fusion at 4:30pm, and then at dinner at 5:15pm. 

The evening performances in the Princess Theater which previously had been scheduled for 6:30pm and 8:30pm were held at 7:30pm and 9:30pm today, which allowed us more time at dinner (we used to try to get to the 6:30pm show), and we both enjoyed dessert after dinner (sorbet for me), something we haven’t done very often so far. 


Day 8 dinner menu, page 1


Day 8 dinner menu, page 2


Day 8 dessert menu

Tonight’s entertainment was female vocalist Tricia Kelly.  It was not our favorite show, but that’s ok.  We don’t have to love all of them. We swung by the International Cafe for a coffee for G (and he may have had a snack, too) and then called it a day.


Day 8 Princess Patter, page 1


Day 8 Princess Patter, page 2


Day 8 Princess Patter, page 3


Day 8 Princess Patter, page 4