Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Day 15: At Sea

I was so thankful this morning that we had today and tomorrow as sea days. This was just what the doctor ordered. What the doctor didn’t order were the high winds, which made things rather bouncy all day, but I really needed to stay down anyway. Before I did that, though, I decided I wanted to do a load a laundry early this morning, around 8am. Why I didn’t do this yesterday, when the ship was in Moorea, is a mystery. This morning, all washers were already in use, though one of them had finished its cycle. Not one who tolerates this sort of thing well, I removed the wet clothes, placed them in the bag that was on top of that washer, and started my load. 

And waited. My load finished and still those wet clothes had not been claimed (making me feel righteously justified in what I had done). A quick dry later and everything we have with us was either being worn or was clean. Go me! I skipped breakfast today, which I am doing more and more often on sea days. We only eat two meals a day at home; three multi-course meals a day were just too much.  


Lunch in the Horizon Court Buffet 
Black bean salad with added avocado, veggie curry and grilled fish

The winds continued to be strong until late afternoon, and we stayed in the cabin watching TV. We have now exhausted all the Classic TV and Comedy TV shows on our on demand TV and are making our way through the documentaries.  This afternoon we saw two good ones: Framing John DeLorean and another about breeding pandas and releasing them in the wild (it was tough to pull ourselves away from the latter one to go to dinner). 

With little else to report about what we did today, I will share an amusing anecdote about what we saw on one of our security webcams this morning. This webcam takes a video when it detects anyone of a number of events (pre-set by G), such as a car or person passing by. Obviously, there are several of these incidents during the day, but almost none overnight. During the wee hours of this morning, some video was recorded. When I looked at it, I saw a small dark creature crossing our driveway, stopping to glance over its shoulder periodically. Soon there were two more of them following. G knew in an instant what they were: raccoons. They had likely just raided our neighbor’s grape vines, and were making a quick getaway. 

I was also chagrined to see a bunny rabbit treating my flowers like a salad bar, but I told myself that, after the first freeze, it won’t make any difference anyway. 


The Elite Lounge menu for the second half of the cruise


Day 15 dinner menu, page 1


Day 15 dinner menu, page 2


Day 15 dessert menu

I ordered the shrimp lumpia starter at dinner, with no idea what that would be. It was a shrimp egg roll, and was very good. For dinner I had the Tuscan style cassoulet made without dairy.  It was delicious, but not very picture-worthy as it just looked like beans in tomato sauce. 


My favorite soup- gazpacho
I bought a Vitamix just so I could make huge batches of it at home. 

Tonight’s entertainment in the Princess Theater was a harmonica player. I believe we’ve seen him before, but we decided to skip the show and return to our cabin to see what happened to pandas in that documentary. And they all lived happily ever after (I’ll sleep better tonight knowing that). :-)


Day15 Princess Patter, page 1


Day 15 Princess Patter, page 2


Day 15 Princess Patter, page 3


Day 14 Princess Patter, page 4