Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Day 61: At Sea

Today was a much better day, comfort-wise, as the ship was considerably more stable. The weather continued to be sunny and warm, and turnaround day in Melbourne is forecasted to be the same. Please may it continue for our cruise to Tasmania!

I completed some housekeeping tasks today, packing away a few more items that I’ll not need before we fly to Hawaii, and then gave myself a mani-pedi, removing and replacing those glitter strips for the first time since we left home. They really do wear like iron, and I’m going to be sad when my inventory of them is depleted, because they’re not made anymore. 

Cast Manager Rachael and I met for coffee at 11am in the International Cafe, but what a zoo it was on Deck 5 at that time! It was SRO, even in Vines, so we took an elevator up to the Lido Deck and got coffee from the Calypso Bar, enjoying a much quieter chat there. Afterward, I walked on the Promenade Deck for over an hour; the day was perfect for it, and I didn’t want to be inside using a treadmill. Tomorrow, I need to squeeze in some weights time in the Fitness Center. 

Lunch was a salad from the Horizon Court Buffet, and then I used the Terrace Pool for awhile while G held court in a hot tub on Deck 16. Finally, it was time to get dressed for formal night #139 of the season. ;-) I continue to be very spoiled at dinner; tonight it was a salad and huge plate of four large prawns, broccoli, spinach, and a separate bowl of sautéed peppers and onions. I had shared with Headwaiter Sean how much we love making those at home, seasoned with onion powder and garlic salt (as taught to me by McGee when he was about 8 years old), and that’s exactly what was made for me. Spoiled, I say!

Production show British Invasion was performed at 7:45pm in the Princess Theater. I had promised Rachael that we’d be in the front row, so we went early and enjoyed chatting before the show with the passengers around us. After that show, we made tracks back to the Vista Lounge for the 8:45pm show by variety team Pearson and Harvey. 

Then-shock!- we stayed up for tonight’s Balloon Drop party, and were part of the packed Piazza scene, dancing to the music of Soul Vacation (they are really good!). It was also fun to see all the little kids staying up for it. I suspect we’re going to see about ten times as many on the next two cruises. The balloons finally dropped about 10:50pm and by 11pm I was in the cabin taking out contacts. The best part of the day!