Friday, March 8, 2013

We're home!

After an early flight this morning, we arrived home around noon. I turned on my phone right after we landed to receive an email from Jenny sharing her new ring tone with me: "Riviera. Deck 14", the announcement that Emerald Princess elevators make upon arriving at "our" deck.

Best. Ringtone. Ever.

We walked into the house with a bit of trepidation, but we needn't have; we had no issues turning on the water and turning up the heat, although it took several hours for the water to heat up again. I've already unpacked most of my clothes, but still have to do a couple of loads of laundry. It can wait...I had to pick up the twins and their sister from school first (sheer joy!). Their first comment to me? "NeeNee your hair is so yellow!" It was definitely not a compliment; in fact, I've already purchased the hair color to address that issue. So much for abstaining from that for awhile!

Hair color commentary aside, it was so good to see them all!! They immediately tore into the 240+ pillow chocolates we'd saved for them...and pronounced Holland America's the best. They admired the underwater hawksbill turtle video I took with my iPhone, asked what my favorite food on the ship was...and then we went outside where I played spectator and cheerleader while they demonstrated their new basketball skills. Things are definitely back to normal!!

We haven't yet made it to a grocery store. There were more canned goods in the pantry than I remember, and I also returned home from the twins' house with a care package: enough fresh food to get us through the next couple of days, while I compile a grocery list for a big shopping expedition.

How are we adjusting to the real world? Honestly, it's pretty easy. We love our life at home. We also love our life on a cruise ship. The way I see it, we have the best of both worlds.

Life is good.

:-)