Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 115: St. Lucia

Our plan for today was to walk to Vigie Beach by the airport. We hadn't been there yet this year. But I awoke feeling slow...too many waves, too many Breeza Marinas yesterday, and, though I'm feeling better, I still have a cough. When G popped back in the cabin and told me that we were docked at- YUCK!- the freight dock for the first time this winter, that kind of sealed the deal for me. I was going to have a ship day today.

I couldn't tell from the from of the ship webcam on Channel 40 on our TV that we were at the freight dock; unlike the three (I think) times we were over here last winter, we were backed in today, and the view from the front of the ship was not all that different than that from the cruise ship pier at Point Seraphine. So the Terrace Deck area, instead of facing out into the harbor, faced in toward Castries and the freight terminal.

G joined me for breakfast in the buffet (BIG splurge: banana bread with walnut cream cheese and sprinkled with more walnut bits), and then walked off the ship with the Team Rootberry guys looking for free wifi. I noticed that Argo was playing on TV all day today. I still hadn't seen it, but wanted to, so I went up to the Adagio Lounge to read just long enough to give Johnathon the opportunity to clean our cabin, and then returned to the cabin around the time I thought the movie would be beginning again. I wasn't off by much, but by the time I finally saw the beginning of the movie, I had seen the ending twice.

Welcome to movie viewing on a cruise ship!

It was a great movie, and a great way to spend the day.

G soon returned to the ship. It was very hot and humid, he said, and he never did leave the ship again today. We enjoyed lunch in the buffet (G finally took the pizza guy up on his offer to make him a custom pizza- ham, pepperoni and pineapple), and then returned to the cabin so G could watch Argo (and I watched it for a second time).

We wanted to go to dinner early, to get to the 7:15pm performance of vocalist Mark Preston, back again for this cruise. He is an incredible talent and puts on one heck of a show. Now, we're waiting for tonight's Rock and Roll party, accompanied by band Sol Provider.

We're in Barbados tomorrow, and are hoping for a final visit to beautiful Carlisle Bay Beach.

Photo 1: tonight's dessert, Black Forest Cake. Yum!

Photo 2: Vocalist Mark Preston