Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Day 10: At Sea

Today was a very fun, extremely social day, but it was also the first day that sitting on our balcony was comfortable all day, and I’ve learned that’s a great place to go to recharge my social battery. 

I mixed things up a little today, going to The Enclave first thing this morning instead of my usual after lunch visit. G went to a Q and A session at 11am with the captain and we met up afterward in the Wheelhouse Bar where I was drinking by 11:30am. Alcohol on an empty stomach before lunch…yeah, this can’t continue. 








My usual collard greens starter at lunch…


…followed by tortilla soup…


…and my favorite fish street tacos. 

I spent most of the afternoon sitting in our balcony and trying to fix my Hotmail accounts. All of them decided to stop working on the same day, regardless of device. I must have logged in, attempted to re-authenticate, and changed the password at least ten times to no avail. I really wouldn’t have sweat it too much but for the email notifications I receive when my credit cards have been used. Oh, and the email Princess sends us when they change our cabin at the last minute. I kinda sorta found a workaround solution using Safari but I wasn’t happy about it. Nor about the amount of time I spent working on it. At least (and I thought this a hundred times) the WiFi I was using was “free”, fairly fast and unlimited. 

Last night there were two Captains Cirvle parties for this cruise, and we were honored to be the third most traveled guests on board.  

Ok, I’m dying here. I’m typing this post sitting with G on the Lido Deck, again having a drink before noon on an empty stomach. And somehow I turned on dictation mode and this is literally what I was saying.  I was drinking and talking about the bars we haven’t gotten to yet. 

“Why haven’t we gone there (to Bellinis) yet? I haven’t done that.  What’s that bar? Good good spirits? I haven’t done that yet either.”

There is no hope for me. 😂

Anyway, back to last night’s party. All three most traveled numbers ranged from 1536 to mid-1600 days. G had met an 2012 Air Force Academy grad at the veterans get together on board.  He is PCSing from England to Washington DC, and is on board with his family. We invited him and his wife to be our guests at the party and it was fantastic to meet a Major with so much going for him (he just earned his PhD at Oxford and will be working at the Pentagon).

I hadn’t seen Captain Fabrizio Maresca for ten years, since he was the captain on the Pacific Princess in French Polynesia. I wasn’t sure he’d remember me (let’s just say I’ve changed, most noticeably my hair color) but he did and it was wonderful to see him again.  We’ll be having MTG luncheon with him in a few days so we can get caught up. 

We went from the party to the Princesses Theater for vocalist Peter Grant, who sang in the style of the Rat Pack and who was accompanied by the Regal Princess orchestra and his partner, who, as it turns out, is the violinist who performed two nights ago. 

And that is how it was 8:30pm by time we finally got to dinner, for another great Italian night menu. There was also fresh made penne arrabbiata which I ordered topped with shrimp. We chatted with the couple next to us until 10pm , and despite that late (for us) dinner, I was asleep about ten minutes later. 






Seafood antipasto


Parma greens