Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Day 92: Christmas Day at sea

We had a wonderful day, complete with good food (too much), good friends, good fun and even a couple of classic Christmas movies, too. In other words, it was just like being home for the holiday. I love it when Christmas falls on a sea day!

We had breakfast in the DaVinci Dining Room and then went to the Christmas service in Club Fusion, followed by a simple walk through the Piazza when Santa arrived. Mayhem, but so cute. 

Over a week ago, six of us (Nan and Anthony and Maryellen and Ron) decided to have Christmas lunch together in the DaVinci Dining Room. What a special way to celebrate the day. We talked for more than two hours. Mehai told us tonight that they served over 50% more lunches in the dining room today than they do on an average sea day. I’m not surprised.


Day 13 lunch menu, page 1


Day 13 lunch menu, page 2

That left just enough time for National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation before we cleaned up (and dressed formally) for the evening. We couldn’t even pretend to be hungry when we went to the Elite Lounge followed by dinner, but that didn’t stop us from eating. G had the pineapple glazed ham for his entree; I enjoyed the orange roughy. We both loved the lighted candles on each table.  And no crowded supermarket parking lots or long check out lines, no cooking and no clean up. Christmas on a ship... it’s a very good thing. 


Christmas dinner menu, page 1


Christmas dinner menu, page 2


Christmas dessert menu

We returned to the cabin and are watching the 1947 Miracle on 34 Street, and will likely follow it up with It’s a Wonderful Life. We know that these movies we’re enjoying so much today will not hold much appeal tomorrow. 

And, finally, I thought I’d take a minute on Christmas Day to give an update on Mom. We are in touch daily, and we chatted this afternoon (love this speedy unlimited WiFi!). Many people have emailed Christmas greetings and several have asked how she is. Well, I thought I’d share a text I received from her a couple of days ago to give you some idea how she’s doing. 

Hi, Missy.  Hope you are doing well.  We are fine here at ES.  Always something to do.  This afternoon, Joyce and I are practicing the music for our Christmas sing-a-long which is scheduled for Monday.  We try to put it in right key.  Yesterday Kelly asked me if I had a NewYear poem for the newsletter.  She needed a short one to fill a small space.  Well, we had trivia with Gary then the Residents’ Council meeting.  I told her I could do something, but not until evening.  So I wrote it and took it to her this morning.  It is very short and she loved it!  You will see it in the JanuaryNewsletter.  Please take care of yourself and enjoy where you are planted.  Love you bunches!  Sending hugs.

Honestly, I’m tired just reading about her day. I think it’s safe to say life is very much back to normal for her. 

We are blessed.  Life is good. :-)

Day 13 Princess Patter, page 1


Day 13 Princess Patter, page 2


Day 13 Princess Patter, page 3


Day 13 Princess Patter, page 4