Friday, December 2, 2011

Morning in Bonaire


We went to breakfast in the dining room early, and decided to just walk along the waterfront in Kralendijk, the main town on Bonaire where the ship docks. It was a partly cloudy day, and since we had just made the boat trip to Klein Bonaire on our last visit, we decided to just snorkel from town today. Bonaire is the only island we visit where I would snorkel right in town. The water is so clear and clean that it is easy and safe to do. We walked down the boardwalk along the water for quite a while until we found a spot with easy entry and shade on shore, and I snorkeled a bit and saw my favorite- an angelfish, and a puffer fish, among several other kinds.

We walked back through town and did a bit of shopping, but a Christmas gift I had wanted for someone had sold out in the size I needed, so I'll have to come up with a plan B.


We quickly showered and made it to the dining room before it closed at 1:30pm, and G had his favorite mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce and I had lamb curry. I am finally learning to like curry, but it has been a long time coming. This one was very good.