Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 33: At Sea

I have no interesting photos to post since yesterday, so I'll just post this photo of the gazpacho I had for today's lunch, and narrate the event since yesterday's visit to the medical center.
I spent some time lying in the sun at the back of the ship, although the day wasn't a particularly pretty one. Intermittent sun and clouds were mixed with light rain showers throughout the day. G went to lunch in the dining room, but I didn't feel up to that, so I spent some time in the steam room and sauna (which felt great), then showered and went to the buffet for some soup. After eating that I decided to lie down a bit in the cabin...and there I stayed until 7:30 this morning.
G came and went. At one point, I helped him into his tux for formal night, and, before he left for dinner, he brought me a big glass of juice. I slept fitfully until midnight, when my fever probably broke, and solidly after that.
And I am MUCH improved today.
Another day at sea today, and it is really quite rough. The captain came over the PA at 10am and told us he was changing course to attempt to find us some calmer water. The winds are still gale force and the waves are 10 feet high. In our cabin, at the very back of the ship on Deck 14, we almost need seat belts to lie in bed. We went to breakfast and lunch in the dining room, and in between Iaid out in what little sun we had, but am now going to nap a bit in preparation for a night out. By tomorrow, in St. Kitts, I should be 100% improved. If I had to get sick, it was incredibly good timing to do so when I did.