Saturday, November 12, 2011

The view from Skywalkers

I keep mentioning how much we enjoy our pre-dinner drinks and hors doerves in Skywalkers, on Deck 18 at the back of the ship. And here's one reason why. The ship is sailing from Dominica later tonight, at 6pm, and we are still docked.
The photos are the view from our table in Skywalkers, and Stilton with port wine reduction, my favorite hors doerve.
When I would think about how I'd spend my days on this cruise, a day like today was what I'd hoped for. After going onto the island this morning for a walk around, I worked for about an hour (Internet is faster when everyone's off the ship), we had a light lunch, and I walked again. Then I went to the pool, and G to the hot tub, and then I went to the spa to enjoy the larger(!) showers, the steam room and the sauna. After going from steam room to cold shower, then sauna to cold shower, my legs are noodles. Drinks, dinner, a production show, and then sitting on the aft terrace watching the wake in the moonlight.
It doesn't get any better than that!