Thursday, February 13, 2020

Day 136: At Sea

We were awake early enough today to have breakfast in the Concerto Dining Room. Actually, it would be more truthful to say that I squeezed in just ahead of the 9am closing of the doors, and G joined for me brekkie (American:  breakfast) #2.5; he had been up long before me and had breakfast in the World Fresh Marketplace and a second one in the Concerto Dining Room before returning with me. You go G!

I turned in our Disembarkation form to Guest Services after breakfast. Has that time finally arrived?  It’s hard to believe, after all the planning and preparation that goes into each season, but I think the answer is yes. At least, my supply of certain items is telling me so. This morning, I tossed out the empty pans of SPF 50 powder and bronzer and I used the last of my concealer this evening. G teased me that I will have to go around unconcealed until we return home. He doesn’t understand how scary that is...for him!

We watched a documentary on oceans and underwater sea life on TV this morning that had me mesmerized from the start and drew G in, and went to lunch in the Concerto Dining Room exactly at noon to allow G to get to this cruise’s Military get together. He said there was a 95-year old WW2 veteran there, something that is getting increasingly rare. We then spent time around the Hollywood Pool until it was time to get ready for the evening. 


Day 4 lunch menu, page 1


Day 4 lunch menu, page 2

We went to the 5pm Captains Circle party with new friends Cliff and Debbie. Cliff worked at the neighboring company to the one where I did in RTP, North Carolina in the late 1980s, and Debbie worked in hospitality for our company’s cafeterias and training centers. What a small, small world. Anyway, we were honored to be this cruise’s third Most Traveled Guests, with days from our 1200-something to Mr. and Mrs. King from Tasmania, with over 2300 days. To put that in perspective, they’ve cruised on Princess three years more than we have. Impressive. 


Day 4 dinner, page 1


Day 4 dinner menu, page 2


Day 4 dessert menu

We went to the Princess Theater then to get primo seats for tonight’s production show, Fiera!  I think I mentioned that we’re sitting in different areas of the theater than we typically have, and it provides a very different viewing experience. Tonight we sat front row center. It was just like riding in the first seat of the roller coaster during that part of the show. 




I love how this production simulates carnival rides, 
like this spinning-type ride


The carousel with dancers wearing beautiful caps like horses’ tails


The roller coaster


The Ferris wheel

We hadn’t eaten dinner yet, and so grazed the World Fresh Marketplace. The theme tonight was Indian food, and there are always vegan options on that night to choose from. It was a little too chilly to sit on the Open Deck Behind the World Fresh Marketplace, but we sat inside and watched a beautiful sunset through the glass. 


Day 4 Princess Patter, page 1


Day 4 Princess Patter, page 2


Day 4 Princess Patter, page 3


Day 4 Princess Patter, page 4