Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Day 85: At Sea

Doing laundry late last night keyed me up so much that I had trouble falling asleep. After less than four hours of sleep, the alarm went off and we were at breakfast in the DaVinci Dining Room when it opened at 7:30am. And by 8:30am I was back in bed, getting the best sleep of the “night”. That’s okay; this being sea day #632 of the season (and I say that jokingly, because, unlike formal nights, I have appreciated at least 630 of those sea days), there was nothing on my agenda until the evening.  We move clocks ahead another hour tonight, and it is already nearly 11pm New Zealand time as I start this post, so I will be short and speedy tonight. Really, except for watching two Christmas movies on TV this afternoon while simultaneously reading, I didn’t do much today. 

Though the weather was mostly overcast today, and rainy all morning, the Tasman Sea is in a very benevolent mood this crossing. There is barely a bump in the water. It’s kind of surprising; if the Tasman Sea had been gentler on our two transpacific cruises in 2004 and 2006, instead of offering us the 40 foot swells we experienced, we would not have waited until 2017 to return to this part of the world. And at nearly 11pm (tomorrow’s time) on December 17, it is still light outside. We love it here. 


Day 6 lunch menu, page 1


Day 6 lunch menu, page 2

Tonight, the two Captains Circle parties for Platinum and Elite cruisers were held in Club Fusion. We were honored to be this cruise’s third most traveled passengers; first and second most traveled have been on the Ruby Princess for one or more cruises since we boarded in September, and it was nice to see them again. We were joined by friends Nan and Anthony and Maryellen and Rob at the 7pm party, and then returned to the DaVinci Dining Room for coffee and dessert afterward. 


Day 6 dinner menu, page 1


Day 6 dinner menu, page 2


Day 6 dessert menu

The Princess Theater entertainment tonight is singer Paul Costa, who performed a couple of cruises ago. He has two different shows, both of them excellent, but the first one is more country music oriented. I love all types of music (even some rap!), but country and most opera are my least favorite genres, and I chose to skip the 9:30pm show tonight in favor of an extra hour of sleep. G decided at the last minute to go, so, for once, I’ll be the first one asleep tonight. 

Tomorrow:  another sea day with the Most Traveled Guest luncheon. I predict another day similar to today, the calm before the fast paced storm that is these New Zealand itineraries. 


Day 6 Princess Patter, page 1


Day 6 Princess Patter, page 2


Day 6 Princess Patter, page 3


Day 6 Princess Patter, page 4