Monday, February 2, 2015

Briefly home!

People often tell us we're living the dream, but, honestly, I'm not certain right now if the dream is the past 106 days away or sleeping in our own bed tonight.  Our reality is a bit like a boomerang this week. 

We arrived home today on time and without incident. We walked off the Grand Princess at 9:15am, and, while it took 30 minutes to get through immigration, after that everything was easy and quick. We claimed our luggage, caught a Prime Time Shuttle and were at LAX by shortly after 10:30am. 

Everything at home is fine. The first thing G did, after turning on the water and the hot water heater, was connect the battery on my car. After I helped him haul our mail home from Martha's house (heaven help us...just the first class mail is a foot thick), and less than an hour after we'd arrived home, I was surprising the twins at their basketball practice. Do I even need to say how wonderful it was to see them?  McGee is a trouper, and is using his infirmity to perfect his one-handed layups. I took them home ("NeeNee, do you remember which one is the accelerator and which one is the brake?"), and made the appropriate enthusiastic comments about Christmas presents and XBox progress before they had to turn their attention to math homework and I needed to run to the grocery store. I had peeked in the panty and saw a jar of salsa, so I picked up some tostito chips to go with it. Any more than that (and I'm not certain there will be any more than that; it will be easier to simply dine out until we leave again on Friday) can wait until tomorrow. 

Our few days at home will be spent doing laundry, going to a couple of doctor appointments, sorting through mail and doing our taxes...and attending one more basketball practice. I will take a brief blogging break, and pick up again when we board the Caribbean Princess on Saturday, February 7. While the ship is new to us, the Caribbean ports will not be. After 83 days in French Polynesia, these islands will seem as easy as a walk in a neighborhood park.

I can't wait. 

Life is good. :-)