Thursday, October 16, 2014

It's rhyme time!

You don't know how happy I am to say that, despite a rough year, my mom is feeling better than she has in a long time. Well enough for us to leave to go part way around the world.  Well enough, in fact, for her to tap into her creative side and once again pen us a farewell poem. 

When G brought in the mail a few days ago, and said we had a card from Mom, I knew just what it was going to be. In fact, it's not unlike in the movie Apollo 13, when NASA Flight Director Gene Kranz's wife reliably sews him a new vest to wear for every mission; Mom pens a poem for every winter at sea. (Kranz, coincidentally, was just two years behind Mom at Central Catholic High School in Toledo, Ohio).

Mom's once again given me permission to share it here. 


I treasure these things. I treasure her. :-)