Monday, October 28, 2013

On our way (almost) (in 5 minutes)

I'm sitting in Martha's car waiting while G does a final walk through of the house. Her Camry is loaded down, but we knew from prior years that everything would fit. It did, however, require a little discussion as we figured out just how we've managed to get it all in in the past.  It's a trick!

I took the twins and their older sisters to a local yogurt shop last night as a last and final hurrah. Much easier to say goodbye over sugar!  I survived. :-(

This morning we had a final run to the safe deposit box, a final load of laundry and final emptying out of the refrigerator/freezer (ketchup was our only choice for breakfast. We passed.) and unplugging it (we're smarter now...it's plugged in on the side so there's no need to pull it out the final morning).

I don't think we've forgotten anything, but even if we have, there'd be no room for it anyway. Lightly packed, we are not. It was a grey, gloomy and cold day, which had me shoving a fleece pullover, wool headband and gloves into my suitcase.  (You know, 'cause when you're cold, the simple act of putting warm gear into a suitcase warms you up. ;-))  Besides, watching football on MUTS (the big outdoor screen on Princess ships) might be chilly at night. I'm now prepared. 


A quick look back (lump in throat), but once again I fixed my sights on boarding the Royal Princess 24 hours from now. 

We're on our way!