Monday, November 14, 2011

Sunrise, Day 7





Did you ever have a day that just seemed destined to go well, from the very moment you opened your eyes?
Well, this day wasn't it for me, or so it seemed at the start. I was up early to walk, although 20 minutes later than usual because we've been heading west since we sailed from Grenada yesterday, and sunrise was resultingly about 25 minutes later than the day before. (I have to consult the Princess Patter every night for the next day's sunrise).

It was hard getting up this morning. I had a scratchy throat, probably from too much screaming at last night's Beatle Maniacs show (all different songs than two nights ago). My foot hurt. My legs hurt. I did NOT want to get up.

But I did. And after I climbed the steps up to Deck 19 and stepped outside the door to the jogging track, I was greeted by this sky and the open ocean.

And, from then on, the day was destined to be perfect.