Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sunrise, Day 2

I was up early today, about 5:45am. I wanted to get a good walk in before breakfast while it's nice and cool. When I went outside, I was suddenly reminded that we moved our clocks ahead an hour last night, to Atlantic Standard Time. While yesterday it was dawn-y at 6am, today it was still totally dark. Instead of walking up on Deck 19, I decided to walk the inside corridors of the ship. And to point out just how large this ship is (almost 1000 feet long), I walked both corridors (port and starboard) of the ship, front to back, on six decks....and that took an hour. I then climbed stairs from Deck 8 to Deck 19 and walked a bit up there. Within a short time, I was able to catch this beautiful sunrise.
It was a good start to the day.
Today is a sea day, and that fact, coupled with the time change, has made this a lazy ship this morning. I went to breakfast alone when the dining room opened at 7:30am, and there were only a handful of people already there. G is sleeping in, and I don't blame him. When I am pooped out at 10pm, he'll still have energy left go to another show.
We had a wonderful evening yesterday. I had my favorite dinner, ciappino (a seafood stew in a tomato base) and G had jerk chicken. For dessert: key lime pie with a scoop of piña colada ice cream on the side. Really delicious.
The comedian last night (Gary DeLena) did his full show and it was really funny. And the Emerald Princess orchestra (6 or 7 guys) played for 30 minutes before the comedian. They are quite good, and a lot of fun between songs. They are doing another show tonight, jazz music in one of the lounges, which we're planning to attend.
After that, it was almost 10pm, and I was ready for bed. See, if I could just nap during the day...