Thursday, October 28, 2021

Day 14: At Sea

We had, simply stated, the best, most relaxing day at sea imaginable. We have honed the “direct to the Sanctuary from breakfast in Sabatini’s” routine to the point where we go to breakfast prepared to spend the entire day away from the cabin. This is cruising on a level previously unknown to us. 

We like it!

The Lotus Pool below the Sanctuary is now fully open and like bath water. I lost count of how many times I was in and out of it today. The air temp was right on the border of feeling too warm, but a quick dip in the pool was all it took to cool off for an hour or so. But those teak handrails along the steps leading to the pool?  Oooh baby, they were too hot to touch today!



With not much else to report for today, I thought I’d share a pic of the recycled plastic wrist band I bought on the second day of the cruise to hold my Medallion (Princess’ key card replacement plus more). I love it. I simply never take it off, and never have to think about whether I have my Medallion with me or not. 



The recycled plastic Medallion wrist band

However, I noticed yesterday that it is already starting to discolor a smidge in a few places (the loops especially). So I’d love to recommend it but I’m not entirely certain that I can. Is the discoloration from sunscreen? Salt water?  I’m not sure, and I’m not certain if it will get worse over time. The band is made from plastic; I’d’ve thought it would hold up to anything. 


Look carefully, and you can see some discoloration already appearing after less than two weeks. 


Sanctuary Supervisor Alvarro and his team of Serenity Stewards continue to do everything they can to make every minute up there incredibly relaxing. We don’t even leave for lunch any longer. Sometimes, along with our doppelgänger friends, we order from the special spa menu. Sometimes we use the Medallion app to order other things (ie “Hmmm, I’d like chocolate chip cookies”) and -voila- they are delivered to our lounger. It’s really pretty amazing. 


Lunch in the Sanctuary with some Prosecco that was delivered to our cabin earlier in the cruise. Not exactly sure why, but it’s been that kind of cruise. 😊

Day 14 lunch menu








We stayed in the Sanctuary until about 4:30pm, and returned to the cabin for a quick rest. We decided to skip dinner in the Michelangelo Dining Room (just not hungry) but still got dressed formally for tonight’s 7pm Captains Circle party, where we were honored to be this cruise’s most traveled passengers (numbers 2 and 3 had about 1000 and 900 days). We were also honored for our 1250 day milestone cruise, as were the number 2 couple with 1000 days and a guest with 500 days. The Doppelgängers joined us for the party, and we really appreciated that. We will miss them!


Pre-sunset from the balcony as I was dressing for the evening


Day 14 dinner menu









We wasted no time changing into shorts and Ts, and heading up to the Calypso Pool for tonight’s game. A few nibbles of food from the World Fresh Marketplace, and popcorn to munch on and this day was as good as it gets from start to finish. 


Thursday Night Football on MUTS in lieu of production show Disco: Blame it on the Boogie? 
Even I can’t believe it. 


Day 14 Princess Patter