Saturday, July 31, 2021

Cruise #1: 7 nights on the Nieuw Amsterdam

I can’t tell you how weirdly unfamiliar it felt to prepare this itinerary post, to screen capture and crop these images from the Holland America website, despite the fact that I’ve done that same thing over 75 times before. And trying to recall how to insert them using the BlogTouch Pro app, and center and re-size them (how many pixels wide did I used to make them?)…buckle your seat belts.  Even after nine years of blogging, publishing these posts could be a rocky process.

Another reason we jumped at the chance to take these cruises?  A day in Glacier Bay National Park on each one.  That alone is worth the price of admission. We haven’t been to Sitka since our first cruise in 1997, and have never been to Icy Strait Point. Naturally, our fervent hope is to have good weather on least one of our cruises; we’ll be in a rainforest, so it’s certainly not a given. But I feel more optimistic that the temps will be cooler and the air clearer than what we’ve been experiencing at home.  I can’t wait. 

We will not have WiFi on the Nieuw Amsterdam, but I will continue to blog and will publish posts (without photos, most likely) from the ports where we have cellular internet. Photos will either be added while we’re on the Majestic Princess or when we get home (I promise).