Friday, September 27, 2019

Day 3: At Sea

Our weather today was much improved, with calmer seas and even a hint of sun now and then. It’s getting warmer by the hour, too, and slowly we are relaxing into vacation mode. 

We did not move clocks back an hour last night (we will tonight) and we were still up early. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast in the DaVinci Dining Room where waiter Nelvin from the Philippines and his assistant Uday from India are spoiling us as much as our dinner wait team. I asked for strawberries and walnuts on my oatmeal, neither of which is on the menu and they magically appeared. Life is good on the Ruby Princess!




We attended the 9:15am lecture on the port of Kauai in the Princess Theater. We skipped yesterday’s lecture on Honolulu, having been there several times in the past. But we’ve only spent four days on Kauai and are not as familiar with that island. 

I wanted to watch the movie The 100 foot Journey on the MUTS screen by the Calypso Pool, but it started at 10am and I didn’t get there in time. And when I returned to our cabin I checked Netflix and, sure enough it’s offered there, and, even better, the WiFi is fast enough (barely) to stream. I’ll watch it one of the sea days on my own schedule. 


WiFi speed at 5:30am
Uploading multiple pix at a time is a dream, but
I’m not too impressed by the download speed. Still, 
since it’s unlimited, I really don’t care. 

But going up to the Lido Deck to check out the movie was noteworthy for one reason…it was the first time I’d been outside on the ship since we first boarded. We walked across Lido Deck and then walked through the buffet for the first time, too. We are definitely dining room cruisers. 

After lunch (again in the DaVinci Dining Room), I worked out in the Terrace Pool by our cabin. Thoughts of being able to do that have kept me going for three months. I already knew the pool has steps making it easy to enter and exit. And I brought my waterproof MP3 player to keep me entertained as I worked to strengthen my foot.



Day 3 lunch menu, page 1

Day 3 dessert menu

Tonight was the first formal night of the cruise, and we started getting ready early. It always seems to take longer the first time each season, plus we wanted to go to the Elite Lounge for pre-dinner hors doerves. The Elite Lounge is being held from 4:30pm to 6:30pm in Club Fusion during this cruise, which is far more convenient than Skywalkers, though it lacks any views at all. 

We ate dinner quickly to get to the 6:30pm performance of production show Magic to Do. We were in the Piazza for the Captain’s Welcome Aboard Champagne Party but by 8pm we’re back in the cabin. I used my cane for the first time tonight (I didn’t want to ruin my formal clothes with the crutches) and I was ready for the evening to end. 


Day 3 dinner menu, page 1


Day 3 dinner menu, page 2


Day 3 dinner menu, page 3



Day 3 Princess Patter, page 1

Day 3 Princess Patter, page 2


Day 3 Princess Patter, page 3


Day 3 Princess Patter, page 4